Thursday, July 30, 2009

Childish Concepts

Once I read one of the many stories of Akbar-Birbal. In the story Akbar asked, “Which is the fastest thing in the universe?”. Everyone was giving different answers and a few said sound is the fastest. some said light is faster than sound. But Birbal said that Light is not the fastest thing in the world. The fastest thing is “M-a-n”(Hindi). At one moment it would be on the earth and the next moment it could be at the sun or anywhere in the Universe.
Like this My mind(M-a-n) was also fast when I was a kid. At that time I used to spend(waste) hours in thinking about all the things in the world. I lost so many nights because of it. So here I am recalling my thoughts which were all wrong and weird.

Bombay :-
Once I went to Mumbai when I was 10. I saw so many advertisement hoardings. I knew them and their working. I knew that companies put their ads on it and owner gets money for it. But I was wondering that who is this stupid giving ads of numbers like 022 – 4569874 or 9874563210. I was making fun of the person for so many months in my thoughts. But at that time I was too young to discuss this topic with others. But Why The ads? I spent many sleepless nights to get answers for it .

Clouds :-
My father had a scooter. So whenever we went somewhere I used to stand Between the driver seat and the Scooter handle since I am the youngest person. While I was at it I passed my time watching other vehicles, specially their numbers. But what strange thought came to my mind was that there are so many vehicles in the city so there would be large quantity of smoke with the same color. So I thought there should be more clouds generated continuously. Then there must be more rains in the city. But it never happens in our city. I put a lot of effort to find out the answer. I knew how the clouds are generated from sea water, but I was not able to differentiate between the Cloud and the smoke coming from vehicles.

Rain Shower:-
My family lives in a small house. There is a hole in the roof at the center of the house for light. But In rainy season water used to come from it. So we put an Iron sheet. We made the Sheet from a drum by removing top and bottom cover and cutting it vertically. The sheet was in rectangle shape. I used to think that if I fill water on the roof and make some holes in the sheet than there will be a rain type scenario in our house. So I tried thinking of the dimension of the sheet used by God to make real rain

Non-Existence of Earth:-
I used to think that what would have happened to us if Earth doesn’t exist. There were two kind of thoughts came to my mind.
1. When I didn’t know that earth is a planet, Earth is spherical, There is an atmosphere around the earth. I used to think that earth is nothing but ground on which we are standing. So for me non-existence of earth means non-existence of plane ground to stand on. I had seen the big valleys on discovery channel. So I used to imagine life like we are living on the slope of those valleys the only difference was their slope was endless and we are walking down and down and down.
2. When I knew that earth is a planet, Earth is spherical, There is an atmosphere around the earth. At That time I knew the real earth so I thought non- existence of earth means We all are falling in sky throughout our Life. I used to be scared of thing that If I leave my mother’s hand then I will lost her.

These are some concepts which were created and destroyed by me. There are few more about which I will write later.

<--- Manish Jain --->

3 comments:

Hope Floats........... said...

Hey Good one yaar.............The best part of childhood is the curiosity. Always looking at things with different dimension. As we grow up somehow we start loosing this curiosity and start pretending like mature but in that case are just creating a chaos in our mind which lead us no where......
I was also very much like you in my childhood.
The concept that what earth look like have made me crazy for many years........I used to have questions like......... why Sky is spherical and how beautiful will be the place where sky touches earth.....when i came to knew that Earth is spherical the notion which killed me for a long time was that where exactly are we living on earth. My consciousness was not able to accept that we are living on top of earth. I used to think while looking on Globe that what happens to peoples living near south poles don't they feel weird being hanging....One question whose answer I am still searching is where does this universe ends and what exactly this is....and how many planets will be there with life on them...................................well i think i diverted the discussion..........But really i enjoyed reading it..it reminded me of my childhood

Manish said...

@hope floats...

Its really nice to hear that there is someone who is thinking like me Otherwise I usually be alone..

I don't know who you are although I think I know you....

anyways Thanks !

Hope Floats........... said...

I am Niraj yadav dude............